Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Program Terms: Academic Year
  • Restrictions: HKUST applicants only
Program Description:
HKUST undergraduate student who is going to participate in a self-arranged study abroad program and wish to submit course equivalence mapping request or credit transfer application to Academic Registry shall register his/her participation in the program by submitting Study Abroad Program Registration application to the Office of Global Learning (OGL) on this system.
  1. Create and submit your application for Study Abroad Program Registration to register your self-arranged program on this system after you have committed to the offer given by the host institution and before the program start date.
  2. To complete the Registration application, you will need to provide supporting documents to prove your commitment to the registered program, e.g. proof of acceptance and tuition payment proof issued by the host institution etc. 
  3. Upon OGL’s review and approval of the registration, you will then receive further instructions on what to do next in order to be able to proceed with online course mapping assessment/credit-transfer-related process. 
Special note about applying for study leave for HKUST undergraduate students who are registering for self-arranged study abroad programs during the regular terms, i.e. Fall and/or Spring term:
  • You must apply for Leave from Study if you are studying at another post-secondary institution as a visiting student during the regular terms, i.e. Fall and/or Spring term.
  • HKUST does not permit concurrent studies at another post-secondary institution during the regular terms (Fall and/or Spring) unless you have obtained prior approval. Apply for Leave from Study is the process for you to formally request HKUST to approve your leave from studies at HKUST during the period you intend to study elsewhere. When this is approved and processed, you continue to be a registered HKUST student, but will not be billed tuition for the term you will be away. You must apply for Leave from Study. Note that this procedure is not required for study abroad in the Summer and Winter terms, and also not required for student exchange programs organized by HKUST during in the Fall and Spring terms.
  • If you have applied for study leave for your self-arranged studies during the regular terms, please upload the email sent by HKUST Academic Registry Office with subject "Application Result for Leave from Study" showing your study leave application has been approved in section "(RG) Upload proof of study leave".
    If you have been granted special considerations by your department in concurrent studies during the regular terms, please upload a copy of the fully-signed Endorsement Form for Enrolling in Credit Bearing Courses Outside HKUST in Fall/Spring Terms in section “(RG) Upload proof of study leave”
  • Without valid proof, your Study Abroad Program Registration application will not be processed.
  • To learn more about preparation for term-time self-arranged study abroad, you are welcome to visit

It will usually take up at least two weeks for OGL to review your study abroad program registration. After reviewing your application, we will contact you via your HKUST email address to follow up. Please check your HKUST email regularly.

If you have questions, please contact HKUST Office of Global Learning (OGL) at